Plans to renovated and convert to hotel 2020 completion 2023
1250 – 1252 Riverbed is a large four and seven story formerly industrial building. It
features round-arched and rectangular openings, most with historic metal sash with hopper windows and pilasters separating the bays. The building has 31 balconies on the upper floors – each with a different design. Although not historic features, they maintain the industrial character of the building and the area which had a several iron foundries at one time. The rear of the building is next to the Superior Viaduct and on one side is the former B&O railroad bridge in its permanent upright position. The Koplan-Shannon Company constructed the four-story building in 1913. At that time the Superior Viaduct was functioning and was the only high-level bridge connecting downtown and the west side. The seven-story section was added in 1919 and was used as a stove and refrigerator warehouse. According to the Ohio Historic Inventory, the architect for the later building was Fulton & Taylor.